RE: New Windows Version Available From Cornell (0.92b1)

Pope Zaphod I (jprisco@lightlink.com)
Wed, 14 May 1997 11:04:24 -0400 (EDT)

On Wed, 14 May 1997, Jack Slater wrote:

> I've downloaded this new version. I've also seen a "phonebook.ini" listed
> on Bill Woodlands page but it refers to a 92b2. Will this work with the new
> release?
> If so, how?

I don't recall the format of the phonebook.ini file, but the phonebook.pbx
file has a format as described below:

> > 3) The phone book entries get saved in a file named "PhoneBook.pbx",
> > located in
> > same directory as cu-seeme.exe. It is a text file, with each entry on
> its
> > own line, using commas as field delimiters. You will not have to edit
> this
> > file, but if you want to, the field order is:
> >
> > entry
> > hostname or IP address
> > conference ID
> > send video (1 for yes, 0 for no)
> > recv video (1 for yes, 0 for no)
> > min recv rate
> > max recv rate
> > min send rate
> > max send rate

The easiest way to see this is to create an entry in CU-SeeMe then open up
phonebook.pbx with NotePad.

At the very least, you would probably have to edit the phonebook.ini to
match the format of the phonebook.pbx file.

His Holiness, Pope Zaphod I <<<;-) [aka Joseph V. Prisco]
mailto:jprisco@lightlink.com WWW: http://www.lightlink.com/jprisco
DISCLAIMER & QUOTE: "I'm not saying what I'm saying. I'm not saying what I'm
*thinking*. For that matter, I'm not even *thinking* what I'm thinking."
- Captain Sheridan, B5, "A Race Through Dark Places"