Updating Phonebook in

Mark L. Bardenwerper (bardenwe@vbe.com)
Wed, 14 May 1997 18:04:57 -0500

Pope Zaphod I wrote:

> On Wed, 14 May 1997, Jack Slater wrote:
>
> > I've downloaded this new version. I've also seen a "phonebook.ini" listed
> > on Bill Woodlands page but it refers to a 92b2. Will this work with the new
> > release?
> > If so, how?
>
> I don't recall the format of the phonebook.ini file, but the phonebook.pbx
> file has a format as described below:
>
> > > 3) The phone book entries get saved in a file named "PhoneBook.pbx",
> > > located in
> > > same directory as cu-seeme.exe. It is a text file, with each entry on
> > its
> > > own line, using commas as field delimiters. You will not have to edit
> > this
> > > file, but if you want to, the field order is:
> > >
> > > entry
> > > hostname or IP address
> > > conference ID
> > > send video (1 for yes, 0 for no)
> > > recv video (1 for yes, 0 for no)
> > > min recv rate
> > > max recv rate
> > > min send rate
> > > max send rate
>
> The easiest way to see this is to create an entry in CU-SeeMe then open up
> phonebook.pbx with NotePad.
>
> At the very least, you would probably have to edit the phonebook.ini to
> match the format of the phonebook.pbx file.
>
> His Holiness, Pope Zaphod I <<<;-) [aka Joseph V. Prisco]
> mailto:jprisco@lightlink.com WWW: http://www.lightlink.com/jprisco
> DISCLAIMER & QUOTE: "I'm not saying what I'm saying. I'm not saying what I'm
> *thinking*. For that matter, I'm not even *thinking* what I'm thinking."
> - Captain Sheridan, B5, "A Race Through Dark Places"

For a scan list that will fit right into the latest W 95 version, go to
http://ccwf.cc.utexas.edu/cgi-bin/cgiwrap/streak/scan, download the
thing in Windows Cornell 0.90 PhoneBook Format. It will come in in HTML.
Open in a word processor, edit, convert to Ascii TXT. I use Correl WP
6.1, but I think most of the newer versions of word processor can do
this. Older versions of Word can be patched to see HTML. Cut an paste it
into the .pbx file. I also deleted the spaces between the entries,
although this might not have been necessary. To open the .pbx file you
will need to associate it with Notepad or Write. Does anyone have a
quicker way? This is how I figured it out. Maybe I'm pulling teeth from
the wrong end.