Re: He gets me off the reflector, how ?

Ciaran Carter (Ciaran.Carter@stbrn.ac.uk)
Fri, 23 May 1997 09:10:27

Hi

I did hear somewhere about a bug in cuseeme that allows someone to send a
"dissconnect from reflector" message from a client to the reflector and
have it then reflected to another client thus forcing them off. It may be
that this obnoxious person has a program to send these packets. It is als=
possible that the obnoxious person has access to the refmon program on th=
at
reflector - he may be the system administrotor ! Horrid thought....

Stay clear of the site is my suggestion.

Ciaran

At 23:43 22/05/97 -0500, you wrote:
>Nico Pot wrote:
>>=20
>> Hi all,
>> This evening I was on Biker Cafe (141.212.122.30) and there was a very=
rude
>> man that was yelling to anyone, lurkers buy a f.... cam and when they =
say
>> something back he say, I will trow you off the ref.
>> At that moment, my son has put his finger on the cam and has frozen th=
>> picture.
>> It was black, but I don't watch myself so didn't notice it.
>> He starts to "talk" to me, was very rude and then it happens:
>> He say I trow you off and a couple of seconds later about 20 error mes=
sages
>> apeared on my screen: buy a cam, you need a fu.. cam, you are not allo=
wed
>> to use this ref and a lot more, I was disconnected.
>> I reconnected my cam and send out a clear pic of me, changed my nick i=
nto :
>> I have a cam and reconnect.
>> For 5 minutes it wents ok, then he start again, I trow you off, bye !
>> Again, all the errors start again and I was gone.
>> Several times I reconnect and he trows a lot of users off the ref, bei=
ng
>> very rude (he was at least 60 years old !!!) to everyone.
>>=20
>> How does he do that (trow people of the ref.), can I do it, can I prot=
ect
>> myself so he can't do it anymore ? I like the ref but the chance is bi=
>> that this man starts all over again.
>> The ref says that it is public, I didn't send any bad language or stra=
nge
>> vids (never done that, never will.)
>> Please help.
>> TIA Nick
>> ----------------------------------------------------------------------=
-----
>> Nico Pot.
>> The Netherlands.
>> e-mail to:
>> Incoming@nico-pot.demon.nl or
>> nicopot@stad.dsl.nl or
>> scanman@stad.dsl.nl
>> Attachments bigger than 300 K to: attach@nico-pot.demon.nl
>> ICQ: UIN=3D 200882 E-mail: ICQ@nico-pot.demon.nl
>>=20
>> If you want to send me a important message that can't wait, then use m=
>> netpager.
>> Your message will be displayed to me as soon as I log in.
>> The adress for the netpager is: http://wwp.mirabilis.com/200882 use
>> Netscape or Internet explorer to visit it.
>>=20
>> ----------------------------------------------------------------------=
-----
>Gosh what a jerk! Sorry you had this happen. I am curious how he did it,
>too, but I do have a suggestion. The reflectors in Japan are very nice.
>I always get treated politely and the people are always eager to try to
> [...]

"Democracy isn't just the best from of government; it=92s the only one ev=
en
remotely worth a damn. Only democracy guarantees that people get what the=
deserve."
--Dark Conspiracy RPG

http://www.stbrn.ac.uk/
ftp://mail.stbrn.ac.uk/