Re: why oh why does it crash?

Mark Andrew Nassy (nassy@themall.net)
25 May 97 01:45:15 -0400

------------------------------
From: Ellistonk@aol.com
To: CU-SEEME-L@cornell.edu
Subject: why oh why does it crash?

CU-SeeMe freezes my computer
everytime I try to launch it. Both the shareware and Whitepine Enhanced
versions do the exact same thing. I launch it, it starts, the window opens,
see an image of myself, then the machine freezes,

I have a mac Performa 6300CD, I've got 32MGs ram available, I've allocated
up
to 10MGs to CU-SeeMe. I using a color quickcam, with its auto hue and
brightness turned off.
------------------------------

try:
(1) moving all ur cuseeme preferences files (for cornell version this
includes: cuseeme preferences, slide window, and nicknames) out of the
preferences folder and then running cuseeme, if that fails to solve ur
problem then try,

(2) moving ur quickcam preferences file(s) and/or folder out of the
preferences folder and then running cuseeme, if that fails to solve ur
problem then try,

(3) downloading the most recent extensions for the color quickcam from:
http://www.quickcam.com, if this fails to solve ur problem try

(4) moving ur sound preferences out of the preferences folder, restarting,
then running cuseeme. if that fails try

(5) (if possible) in ur tcp/ip cdev switch to ethernet. u may have to fill
in some temp. settings. id suggest the following: manual, 192.168.1.1,
255.255.255.0. the rest i think u can leave blank. if the cdev requests a
dns server fill in 192.168.1.1. quit tcp/ip and save. run cuseeme. if
everything works ok then there may b a problem with ur aol extensions.
download the latest version from http://www.aol.com.

does the application quickpict work?

mark andrew nassy

MAILTO:nassy@earthlink.net