Re: Driver Conflict between CU and PowWow

Wed, 28 May 1997 19:12:51 +0200

Mark L. Bardenwerper wrote:

> I cannot get Cu .92b1 on a 200mmx to work with PowWow. I get the message
> "MMSYSTEM004 The specified device is already in use. Wait until it is
> free and then try again". Any ideas?
Generally, two or more different "audio" software programs may not
share one audio device (one speaker, one microphone). The same for
video conferencing software.

If You really want to load both, one must be configured *not* to
use the standard audio input and output - in most cases, this is
impossible. Use a mIRC chat software instead of PowWow, or
see on my page

http://home.pages.de/~h/contact2.html
http://home.pages.de/~h/iphones.html
http://home.pages.de/~h/capture.html

With tools like EmulLive,Ispy, Webcom and especially WebCast lite,
You may broadcast video *without* audio, so no probs with PowWow !!
With Webcast Lite, the receiver just needs the (Netscape) browser,
no plugin or external software must be loaded !

Sincerely
Rolf

--
      /   /   /  Alone on the data highway...
    /       /    like on an allee in Hannover-Herrenhausen