Re: Help requested

Brian Godette (bgodette@idcomm.com)
Wed, 28 May 1997 18:59:07 -0600

At 01:20 PM 5/28/97 +1.00, you wrote:
>Hello my friends.
>
>I've got a problem. I've been using Cuseeme software under win nt 4
>up to now without any problem, but, since I've intalled a coule of
>virtul server I cannot use cuseeme anymore: I get the message "unable
>to connect to ...". When I remove the virtual servers, everything
>come back to normality.
>
>Any clues?
>
>Thank you.

This is most likely to do with there being multiple IP addresses for your
system, you have to make sure that your primary interface IP is the same IP
that your default hostname resolves to. As I have seen bind() work unless
you specify which IP to bind to it will use the primary interface IP.
Nothing wrong with this until CU (or a reflector for that matter) does a
gethostname() and gethostbyname() to obtain the machine's IP address. This
is where you can end up with CU using a different "source IP" inside the
UDP packets than what the IP layers says the source IP is, result is
whatever reflector you attempt to connect to generates an error along the
lines of "video packet header src address != source IP address" and simply
tosses out the packet. On the same note, White Pine did manage to fix this
for the most part with thier connection negotiation which is handled by a
TCP connection, if you're using a WP client and connect to a WP ref, your
IP will be corrected for you, after which you can connect to any other
ref/client.