Re[2]: Testing Q-Seeme for Linux...

Brian Godette (bgodette@idcomm.com)
Thu, 29 May 1997 17:05:40 -0600

On Thu, 29 May 1997 06:46:36 +0200 (MET DST)
Roberto Del Bianco <r.delbianco@agora.stm.it> wrote:

> On 28-May-97 Mike Baranowski wrote:
>
> >Not running it, but I do know that everytime one of these Linux boxes
> >connect to a reflector I manage, it crashes the ref... Of course, I check
> >the log, then deny the ip.
>
> Ach... :-((
>
> So are they not so reliable?
> Or there's something not standard on them?
>

> Ah! the correct URL is:
>
> http://www.pangea.org/~mavilar/qseeme/qseeme.html
>

> Bye bye!
> Roberto
>
> Bye bye!
> Alle prossime!

It seems QSeeMe is at least doing something unexpected that would cause
a problem with the reflector. It does crash my 1.06 version of my
reflector code, however I just tested it on my current code which should
be out next week sometime, and it seems to handle it ok. QSeeMe doesn't
seem to support rate adaption, so there may be a problem in there in the
Cornell reflector, there may also be problems with the OC data packets,
however I can't be certain of this at this point (I'm in the wrong place
right now to do further testing and can only run it using X- Windows
over a 28.8 (UGLY!)). Video and chat seemed to work as expected. I
didn't check to see if QSM supported chat recovery or not, but it does
seem to support private (geek) chat (looks like he used Chris's chat
engine windo) as well, so I expect that portion of it at least works as
it should. My only dislike is that it opens vids automatically by
default and doesn't seem to have any option to disable that.