Re: Help: Cu-Seeme + Masq + Win95

Brian Godette (bgodette@idcomm.com)
Tue, 05 May 1998 15:00:29 -0600

At 01:39 PM 5/5/98 -0600, you wrote:

>Howdy, all!
>
> I'm having a lot of frustration wetting up Cu-Seeme in my home, mostly
>because of a lack of useful error messages (Connection Failed), so I"ll
attempt
>to describe the setup and see if someone out there who has a similar setup
can
>help.
>
> I have a single Linux box hooked into the internet, which acts as a
>gateway for a number of Win95 machines and another linux system. IP
>masqerading is installed on the gateway system. I am trying to install
>CU-Seeme on one of the win95 machines, although I could do it on the linux
>box if need be.
>
> I followed the instructions at http://www.waste.com/vc/ipmcus.htm,
>but all I get when attempting to connect to a reflector is "connection
failed."

> Does anyone have a similar setup and have some comments, pointers,
>or documents that I could use? Any help would be appreciated.
>
>--Mike

The IP Masq'ing for CU-SeeMe in Linux almost works, it needs to spoof the
source IP address for all inbound packets, otherwise CU simply ignores them
as they appear to be coming from your linux box instead of what the client
is trying to talk to. I've looked at the masqing code, but haven't had time
to fix it (or even know if it can be fixed as a masqing module).