Re: ivisit by boxtop.com

Wed, 6 May 1998 10:57:22 -0500 (CDT)

On Tue, 5 May 1998, Paul Wolf wrote:
> A lot of talk has been said about how great ivisit is from boxtop.com
> but it is not so great for 68K Macs since it does not support them. That
> leaves out a whole lot of users. On the other hand CU-SEE ME does
> support 68K Macs.

True..but then iVisit also doesn't support DOS or Windows 3.1 either. So
does that leave out a large portion of potential users? I don't think so.
I've seen some used PPCs that are fairly cheap. I see it as pretty much
the same thing. Most modern programmers I've come across don't program
for the Win3.X market because there's not enough of them to justify it.
Especially when upgrading isn't hard.

I'm not sure how hard it is to "upgrade" a 68K Mac into a PPC, but from
what I've seen, 68K Macs lack the power needed. But I'm not really a Mac
person so don't quote me on that. All I know is what I've read and seen.
I know I haven't seen any P-200's running Win3.1 though I'm sure there are
some.

Just my $.02. Almost everyone I've seen on CU with a Mac uses the PPC
version. I was in your shoes a year ago..resisting to upgrade to Win95.
I finally did it and have enjoyed it ever since (well..enjoyed the fact
that I can run more software..haven't enjoyed the crashes) :)