Re: PowerMac G3 and CU-SeeMe

Bill Ryan (bryan@wpine.com)
Wed, 6 May 1998 15:45:59 -0400

>Jason Williams wrote:
>>
>> On Sun, 3 May 1998, Frederic Grabli wrote:
>> > I have a friend who just bought a new PowerMac G3... He was using CU
>> > before with a camcorder but as many people have realized now, it doesn't
>> > work anymore on the G3 because of the video capture card...
>>
>> I'm not a Mac expert, but my only suggestion is to go back to the
>> camcorder (with an AV card I assume) and try the G3 Vdig patch available
>> at ftp://ftp.wpine.com/pub/CU-SeeMe/cu-G3vDigPatch.sea.hqx
>>

>Well my friend has tried to install that patch and it's not working... I
>have a few other friends that tried to install it too and it doesn't
>work...

Are you using White Pine's Mac 3.1 release?

The above mentioned patch is only for White Pine's release.

Once you've installed the patch, you need to reboot and then select it as
your video source from with CU-SeeMe 3.1.

If you've done all of the above and it still doesn't work for you, I'd be
very interested in the specifics of your set-up.

Bill

Bill Ryan (bill@wpine.com) http://www.wpine.com
White Pine Software, Inc. http://www.cuseeme.com
542 Amherst Street PH: 603-886-9050 x351 Tu/Fri
Nashua, NH 03063 603-529-5070 Mon/Wed/Thur