Re: NT and Cornell V1.0 TCP problem

Connecticut Couple (ct_cpl@hotmail.com)
Sat, 09 May 1998 09:02:35 PDT

Ian:

I am currently experiencing the same problem with a Win95 system, again
with an ethernet card with a 10.x.x.x address and a dial up networking
connection. In my case, the local ethernet card needs to stay connected
since this machine also acts as a proxy for the internet connection. The
only work around I have found is to have someone else connect to me, and
then CU realizes what address it should be using. This only appears to
work on WP, cornell did not seem to change it's preferred address.
White Pine blames this on Microsoft, but personally I believe that it is
a normal situation to have more that a single network connection, and
that there SHOULD be a way (command line, preference selection, etc) to
select which adapter to use as a primary for the CU program. Hopefully
some of the development team is listening ;-)

I agree it is a binding order issue, I have seen some posts saying to
remove DUN & reinstall DUN, so that it is the LAST adapter that has been
installed, but this did not seem to work in my case. White Pine tech
support also suggested installing the latest DUN, which also had no
effect.

You did mention connecting connecting to a self reflect conference,
would you possibly be able to point me in the direction of one of
these??

Glad there is a solution for this in the NT world, hopefully there will
be one in the Win95 worl as well ...