Re: Fw: 1.07b9 ref

Sat, 9 May 1998 14:37:27 -0500 (CDT)

On Sun, 11 Jan 1998, Robert Prociak wrote:
> I am trying to get the ERv1.07b9 reflector to work on a dual homed winnt
> 4.0 system (2 nic cards). The reflector seems to have the ability to
> bind to any ip address you define in the config file . I can make the
> reflector bind on either nic card, internal LAN or external through my
> cable modem. The problem seems to be that I can not get it to bind to
> both cards at once.

I'm not quite sure WHY you want to bind to both IPs at once...except maybe
as a gateway between your internal LAN and the outside world. The White
Pine reflectors bind to all interfaces defined in a file after you run a
program that spits out all the interfaces. The Enhanced Reflector binds
to ALL IPs if you don't specify one..or to that one IP. I'm not sure you
can bind to multiple interfaces with it without binding to all interfaces.
I'm sure Brian knows much more about this since it's his reflector. ;)