Re: USB

Sun, 10 May 1998 16:05:32 -0500 (CDT)

On Sun, 10 May 1998, Cobra wrote:
> I have a problem with my port USB.
> I have just bought a new color QuickCam from Connectix.

USB support has been pretty flakey from what I've heard. Only Win95
OSR2.1 has support for USB and there's no way to tell the difference
between OSR2 and OSR2.1 I don't think. (I read something about that on
comp.dcom.videoconf). Your best bet is to try to return it or trade it
for the parallel port version, though I've seen lots of people who have
complained about the Quickcam VC.

Parallel port support is standard..USB port support isn't standard yet.
Maybe others on the list can comment though since I have no direct
experience with the Quickcam VC USB version.