Re: Slow with CUSEEME

Phil (chrome@lcol.net)
Sun, 10 May 1998 21:57:55 -0400

------=_NextPart_000_0021_01BD7C5E.B0092000

a.. -----Original Message-----
From: Cindy Trinidad <cindy@skyinet.net>
To: CU-SEEME-L@cornell.edu <CU-SEEME-L@cornell.edu>
Date: Sunday, May 10, 1998 7:46 PM
Subject: Slow with CUSEEME
=20
b.. Everytime I load CUSEEME 3.1 my computer starts to work =
really slow. As in if I click on anything, the computer will respond =
after a minute. This happens even if CUSEEME is the only program =
running. All other programs run well on my computer.
c.. =20
d.. Cindy
=20
White Pine CUSeeMe v3.1 and v3.1.1 are big, slow programs. They =
consume a major amount of system resources, and will definitely slow =
your system to a crawl if it's not up to the job. I recommend running =
this program on a 166mhz (or faster) Pentium (or equivalent) with MMX. =
Version 3.1 was always crashing for me when I had 32 megs. After =
upgrading my memory to 64 megs, the crashes stopped.
=20
I've also noticed that color Quickcams slow v3.1 down a lot. This =
can't be entirely avoided, but it can be minimized by setting up your =
parallel port as an ECP port. If the cam is what's slowing you down, =
the only real fix is to use a PCI bus capture card or just live with the =
slowness.
=20
=20
=20
=20

------=_NextPart_000_0021_01BD7C5E.B0092000

White Pine CUSeeMe v3.1 and v3.1.1 are big, slow = programs.  They consume a major amount of system resources, and = will=20 definitely slow your system to a crawl if it's not up to the = job.  I=20 recommend running this program on a 166mhz (or faster) Pentium (or=20 equivalent) with MMX.  Version 3.1 was always crashing for me = when I=20 had 32 megs.  After upgrading my memory to 64 megs, the crashes = stopped.

I've also noticed that color Quickcams slow v3.1 = down a=20 lot.  This can't be entirely avoided, but it can be minimized = by=20 setting up your parallel port as an ECP port.  If the cam is = what's=20 slowing you down, the only real fix is to use a PCI bus capture card = or just=20 live with the slowness.

------=_NextPart_000_0021_01BD7C5E.B0092000--