Re: Fw: 1.07b9 ref

Brian Godette (bgodette@idcomm.com)
Mon, 11 May 1998 11:40:40 -0600

At 12:33 AM 5/10/98 -0500, you wrote:
>On Sun, 11 Jan 1998, Robert Prociak wrote:
>> That is exactly right I would like to use the reflector as a gateway for
the
>> LAN.
>> Yes I have tried the reflector without specifying an IP.
>> Binding to all interfaces would be fine.
>
>What happens when you don't specify an interface to bind to? I always
>guessed that it'd bind to all interfaces. Best bet is to ask Brian
>Godette about it.

It'll work fine, assuming the default IP address isn't the "internal"
address. The default IP address ERef picks up when not told otherwise with
hostname, is the same one a client will pick on the same system.

And for those of you wondering, the fact that you can have the ref bind to
a different IP address on the same 95/NT box than the client picks won't
let you use a client on the same system as the client binds to all
addresses (INADDR_ANY).