Re: CU, MeetingPoint, ERef, Etc. - Can we all get along?

Wayne Fisher (waynenf@mindspring.com)
Tue, 12 May 1998 12:05:57 +0000

Mark wrote:

> why chris's geektalk ? because he sorted the 32k chat limit problem.
> a problem cornell never addressed and neither had wpine as of the
> version 2 release (version 3 never runs long enough to determine
> whether it has been fixed). that chat problem is a(nother) fine
> example of why people get so frustrated with wpine.

Mark:

For your information, this same chat problem that you mention being
contained in the wpine CU product is also present in the Cornell
product. This was verified about 1 week ago when a programmer of the
chat piece of the Cornell client posted a message to this list stating
that fact (seems like a typo in the code). Since wpine licensed the code
from Cornell for CU, doesn't it make sense that this bug is present in
BOTH clients? So, before you start blaming wpine for introducing bugs in
the CU code, make sure you have the facts straight... the chat bug (ie.,
chat not always being sent and/or received) is present in the Cornell
code, so it may have been inherited by the wpine product, and may not
have been introduced by the wpine programmers.

And, before I get accused again: I have no affiliation with White Pine
(either formal or informal).... I'm just a user of their product trying
to help out.

- Wayne