RE: NT and Cornell V1.0 TCP problem

Connecticut Couple (ct_cpl@hotmail.com)
Tue, 12 May 1998 08:39:57 PDT

I agree that this is a solution for some - actually it was a solution
for me when I just required file & print sharing on my small home
network. But now I require the services of a proxy server to share my
internet connection, and this requires IP. This can also be a situation
that would be encountered on a business network, since Netbeui is NOT a
welcome addition to many networks due to it's scalability and
routability issues.

Ct

>From owner-cu-seeme-l@cornell.edu Mon May 11 22:00:04 1998
>Date: Mon, 11 May 1998 18:45:46 +1000
>Sender: owner-CU-SEEME-L@cornell.edu
>From: oz <ozbear@bigpond.com>
>To: <CU-SEEME-L@cornell.edu>
>Subject: RE: NT and Cornell V1.0 TCP problem
>
>Gee, I dunno...I've had a home LAN ever since Windows for Workgroups
(3.11)
>first game out as a way to teach myself something about LANs in
general.
>I always avoided to IP conflicts by just running Netbeui for the local
stuff and
>IP for the Internet/WAN stuff.
>
>Clearly this would not address everyone's needs bu might offer a
solution to some.

>Oz

204.64.168.241