Correction (was Re: CU, MeetingPoint, ERef, Etc. - Can we all

Bill Woodland (wcw@bga.com)
Wed, 13 May 1998 01:07:18 -0500

At 12:05 PM 5/12/98 +0000, Wayne Fisher wrote:
>Mark:
>
>For your information, this same chat problem that you mention being
>contained in the wpine CU product is also present in the Cornell
>product. This was verified about 1 week ago when a programmer of the
>chat piece of the Cornell client posted a message to this list stating
>that fact (seems like a typo in the code). Since wpine licensed the code
>from Cornell for CU, doesn't it make sense that this bug is present in
>BOTH clients? So, before you start blaming wpine for introducing bugs in
>the CU code, make sure you have the facts straight... the chat bug (ie.,
>chat not always being sent and/or received) is present in the Cornell
>code, so it may have been inherited by the wpine product, and may not
>have been introduced by the wpine programmers.
>
>And, before I get accused again: I have no affiliation with White Pine
>(either formal or informal).... I'm just a user of their product trying
>to help out.
>
>- Wayne

Wayne, if you would read Mark's letter CLOSELY, you'll find that he's not
talking about the same thing that Larry Chace recently found. Mark's
comment was about the 32K limit on the chat window itself. Larry's message
referred to the translation of the 16BIT code to 32BIT code, introducing
the chat recovery bug.

Bill Woodland (Squeek ) PC questions only, please.