Re: CU, MeetingPoint, ERef, Etc. - Can we all get along?

The Mad Scientist! (s.j.turner@uq.net.au)
Wed, 13 May 1998 17:13:22 +1000 (GMT+1000)

On Tue, 12 May 1998, Wayne Fisher wrote:

> Mark wrote:
>
> > why chris's geektalk ? because he sorted the 32k chat limit problem.
> > a problem cornell never addressed and neither had wpine as of the
> > version 2 release (version 3 never runs long enough to determine
> > whether it has been fixed). that chat problem is a(nother) fine
> > example of why people get so frustrated with wpine.
> >

> Mark:
>
> For your information, this same chat problem that you mention being
> contained in the wpine CU product is also present in the Cornell
> product.

Mark said that ("a problem cornell never addressed"). You should read
more carefully.

> This was verified about 1 week ago when a programmer of the
> chat piece of the Cornell client posted a message to this list stating
> that fact (seems like a typo in the code).

Isn't that a different bug? Larry didn't mention anything about a 32k
limit. Lets make sure we are not getting our wires crossed.

> Since wpine licensed the code
> from Cornell for CU, doesn't it make sense that this bug is present in
> BOTH clients? So, before you start blaming wpine for introducing bugs in
> the CU code, make sure you have the facts straight... the chat bug (ie.,
> chat not always being sent and/or received) is present in the Cornell
> code, so it may have been inherited by the wpine product, and may not
> have been introduced by the wpine programmers.

He _didn't_ blame them for introducing it. He's just annoyed
(justifiably, I think) that they haven't fixed it like Chris has in
Geektalk.

Scott.
s.j.turner@uq.net.au