Re: was RE: Quick Cam proplem, now CU ideas

Fri, 15 May 1998 17:13:41 -0500 (CDT)

On Tue, 12 May 1998 ladyxeen@geocities.com wrote:
> Thanks Oz. I don't know of this ever being tried, I imagine it would be best
> attempted by people with experience with the paper versions of Dungeons and
> Dragons? I don't know.... there are a lot of great ideas for using CU but
> control of the crowd is often a tough problem to overcome. You would need
> to find a refop willing give your group some kind of monitoring
> capabilities.

I'm up for offering my reflector...with the limited ability to monitor.
The one problem I've seen with trying stuff like this, the the fact that
there's no way to truly "grant the floor" to someone (turn taking for
example) without also limiting who can be seen at the time as well.
Observer and observer-broadcast are the closest thing to that but that
also restricts video and audio. Ideally, you'd want EVERYONE to be seen,
but only certain people's chat to be visible.

> As a new person to this list, I do not know if this is the kind of subject
> that should be responded to in public or in private. So I am responding
> publicly and hoping for some feedback. Please be gentle :-)

Public is always good :)
And I hope I was gentle enough :)