Re: New Cornell Version Problems - Interface Improvements

Phil (chrome@lcol.net)
Sun, 17 May 1998 05:53:56 -0400

-----Original Message-----
From: Vaios Papaioannou <vp@sna.co.umist.ac.uk>
To: CU-SEEME-L@cornell.edu <CU-SEEME-L@cornell.edu>
Date: Sunday, May 17, 1998 1:18 AM
Subject: Re: New Cornell Version Problems - Interface Improvements

>One thing that I find inconvenient about the Cornell version is that when
>you are on the phonebook box there is no way to disconnect from a
>reflector. You have to close this box first and then disconnect and then
>open it again.

You don't really need to close the phone book window. You need to get back
to the main window and hit the disconnect button from there. I think it's a
bit annoying too, but not as bad as the way the client freezes up while
waiting for a slow reflector to connect. I'd like the ability to hit the
disconnect button at that time instead of waiting for CU to wake up.

>Another point is how to organize all these windows coming up (sometimes one
>on top of the other).

Try making the main window smaller. This will make more room for other
windows.