Re: New Cornell Versions Will Not Connect

Mon, 18 May 1998 00:20:43 -0500 (CDT)

On Sat, 16 May 1998, Al Wiemann wrote:
> At home neither one is able to connect to anything. I get the first splash
> screen from a ref indicating the various conferences available,
> On refs without the conference screen all I get is the unable to connect
> message.

Have you tried connecting to any Enhanced Reflectors? Do you have a LAN
setup at home? The symptoms sound a lot like you have a proxy of some
sort setup and CU isn't detecting the right IP. Does the IP in the bottom
right of the CU window list the correct dialup IP? If not, then that's
what's happening. Enhanced Reflectors will spit out an error message
saying you have the wrong IP. Try one of them and see what happens.