RE: was RE: Quick Cam proplem, now CU ideas

oz (ozbear@bigpond.com)
Mon, 18 May 1998 18:42:12 +1000

Perhaps this isn't the appropriate forum to continue this, but as it is
at least tangentially related to cu-see-me I'll continue until other object...

Maybe it isn't necessary to have people "take turns" in the classic sense of
a game, anymore than if the party was actually together in the flesh.
What I mean is that everyone would be walking and examing stuff more or
less autonomously, confering on what they have found, etc. The synchronisation
with that the "game part" of the game is doing would probably only need occur during
battles with things that want to do you harm... When finding a box to open,
I see no need for someone to "take the floor", but rather a conference to determine
who the sacrificial lamb will be in case it explodes. But this too could be
autonomous if someone decides to just open it without confering...or a mandatory
"council" could be part of the rules depending on the circumstance.

Clearly the "game part" would need to run on the ref/server and would adjudicate/enforce
whatever rules are there.

Could be an interesting usage of videoconferencing for sure.

Regards, Oz