Re: Keyboard use interferes with picture transmission

Mon, 18 May 1998 14:18:07 -0500

forty9r@primenet.com wrote:

> I have just set-up a Connectix b&w QuickCam and have installed cu-seeme
> software. I have tried it out just once with a friend. I lose the picture
> when I type and have to bring it back up again. He claims that he doesn't
> lose the picture when he types.
> Because my QuickCam uses the keyboard port as part of its connection I can
> understand that perhaps both the keyboard and the cam cannot be operational
> at the same time. Is there a way I can overcome this so that I can type
> and view at the same time? Thank you!

I am willing to bet that there is a short in the wiring of your camera. The
keyboard connection is your power supply, nothing more. If you are getting more
than that, then something is amiss. Can you borrow another cam to see if the
problem repeats?

--
What is a listserv?
http://www.cit.cornell.edu/cit-pubs/email/using-lists.html