Re: was RE: Quick Cam proplem, now CU ideas

Mon, 18 May 1998 18:02:22 -0500 (CDT)

On Sun, 17 May 1998, Gary Dietz wrote:
> Sorry Jason, I should have been more specific (but I was off to
> "RealLife(tm)" when I wrote the note).

Thanks for the clarification :)

> 1) Students can chat to INSTRUCTOR ONLY

This sounds a lot like observer mode.

> 2) Students can PUBLICLY CHAT

This sounds like normal chat except without the ability to private chat
(ala ERef's no-geek modes)

> 3) Student can PUBLICLY CHAT TO ALL AND PRIVATELY CHAT TO WHOM THEY DESIRE

This is normal chat.

> Thus, using an instructor conrolled environment with chat more 1), students
> would be unable to chat UNLESS they have been allowed to by the instructor.

I don't see that this is any different than observer mode. More
specifically, what I'm looking for is a way to let ONE person chat to
everyone else while restricting everyone else's chat. It seems sort of
reverse of what ClassPoint does (allows everyone to talk to ONLY one
person: the instructor).

But at this point...I don't really care :) I just finished my last final
and it's party time :) I now get to wear my propellor hat with pride :)