Re: [HELP]Problem communicating between Linux and Mac

Tue, 19 May 1998 02:35:33 -0500 (CDT)

On Mon, 18 May 1998, Hiroaki Masuda wrote:
> I am having a trouble to make one-to-one conference between Linux and
> Macintosh. My Macintosh complained "not free but on audio_freelist
> err=0"
> and then froze, when I tried to talk to Macintosh by pushing
> "Push to Talk" button from Linux.

This is only a guess..but we ran up against a similar problem while
testing the new Cornell PC version. The problem seemed to be receiving
audio packets that were in excess of 1500 bytes. The audio buffer on the
Mac version I believe is 1500 bytes. All other versions of CU never send
audio packets bigger than that. It looks like Q-SeeMe IS sending bigger
audio packets.

That's just a guess (based on the fact that the woman who told me this
said Q-SeeMe client's audio crashed her with the same reason that the
older alpha Cornell version did).

I'd say get in touch with the author of Q-SeeMe and see what size audio
packets he's sending out.