Re: CU - Gaming

Wed, 20 May 1998 01:19:58 -0500 (CDT)

On Tue, 19 May 1998, Gary Dietz wrote:
> Or, perhaps a documented game plug-in interface that used the chat channel
> to pass game data between players.
>
> Would anybody build a game for this? I'd love CU-Chess.

I know some interactive games like this for CU are in the works as side
projects from other people. But as far as I can tell, it's a moot point
from White Pine's perspective. I haven't seen White Pine support the
plug-in API that Cornell had with the Mac version. (A great idea for add
ons..ie: Geektalk). The 3.0 API that White Pine promised several people
never surfaced either. I don't see why WP would change their minds and
distribute one now :) (or should I say...without a hefty price tag).

I think it'd be neat to do something like this...but the other people
willing to put in time for this will have to do it on their own. But
then, Brian's chat client also has possibilities so who knows what will
happen. :)