Re: Problems with Transmission Rates

Wed, 20 May 1998 03:23:43 -0500 (CDT)

On Tue, 19 May 1998, Dale Richards wrote:
> Now whenever I attempt to connect to any server I get either:
>

> Minimum transmission rate too large (set to 10 or less) or
>
> Please set maximum rate to 80kbps or less.

My guess is that you somehow changed an entry in the phone book which had
rates in it. One of the nice things about the Cornell version is the
ability to have seperate rates for each reflector. Make sure the rates in
the Phonebook (right before you click connect) are correct. This has
happened to me in the past as well. The rates in the phonebook override
the global defaults in the preferences.