Re: Problems with Transmission Rates

Bill Woodland (wcw@bga.com)
Wed, 20 May 1998 21:38:18 -0500

At 06:08 PM 5/19/98 -0400, Dale Richards wrote:
>I have sucessfully been connecting to various reflectors using the
>latest Win95 version of cu-seeme. I am also using a Connectix QuickCam.
>
>Now whenever I attempt to connect to any server I get either:

ANY server?

>Minimum transmission rate too large (set to 10 or less) or
>
>Please set maximum rate to 80kbps or less.
>
>I have set the following settings and checked the ini file to make sure:
>
>Sending - Min 10, Max 70
>
>Receiving - Min 10, Max 80

If you're referring to the CORNELL win95 version, then the rates in your
INI file have nothing to do with this. Those rates only affect your
dEFAULT rate settings when you add a new reflector to the phonebook, or if
you IMPORT a phonebook and answer YES to the question "use default rates?"
when you do the import.

Check the rates that you have set in the actual PHONEBOOK entry and change
them accordingly. These are the rates that are used when you connect. Be
sure to click the SAVE button to save changes to any entry that you have
adjusted.

Bill Woodland (Squeek ) PC questions only, please.