Re: status of the Cornell version 1.0

Dan Stodola (stodola@xnet.com)
Thu, 21 May 1998 02:05:23 -0500

At 08:26 PM 5/20/98 -0500, you wrote:
>Due to the recent departure of the CU-SeeMe team from Cornell, and worries
>from White Pine about competition from version 1.0's strong feature set,
>the release plans have been changed. Version 1.0 may be stripped of color
>and/or other features, or possibly canceled. Because of these
>possibilities, I've been asked to remove my users guide, which I have have
>done.

Woah.. the new version of CU has basically been ready, but it may be
canceled, or have its best new features removed because it might threaten
the commercial version? Does that sound wrong to anyone else? At what
point has the cornel version been being kept limited in order to insure
business for the White Pines version?
I hope they release it with all the features still in place. If all the
work has been done.. why not include them? Unless there's some sort of
arrangement between whoever is left managing the Cornell version and White
Pines.

Dan