Re: Problems with Transmission Rates

Wayne Fisher (waynenf@mindspring.com)
Thu, 21 May 1998 11:43:00 +0000

Jason Williams wrote:

> On Tue, 19 May 1998, Dale Richards wrote:
> > Now whenever I attempt to connect to any server I get either:
> >

> > Minimum transmission rate too large (set to 10 or less) or
> >
> > Please set maximum rate to 80kbps or less.
>
> My guess is that you somehow changed an entry in the phone book which had
> rates in it. One of the nice things about the Cornell version is the
> ability to have seperate rates for each reflector. Make sure the rates in
> the Phonebook (right before you click connect) are correct. This has
> happened to me in the past as well. The rates in the phonebook override
> the global defaults in the preferences.

Jason:

White Pine 3.x also provides the capability to set indivial transmissione
rates for each reflector. In the phonebook, you can either have reflectors
use the default rates set up in your profile (which are set up according to
the modem speed which you enterred during install), or you can check the box
to use specific settings you define for each reflector. In addition, you
will also need to select the box which states "enforce minimum send/receive
settings" (or whatever the formale name of this option is), and define your
minimum and maximum transmit settings.

- Wayne