Re: status of the Cornell version 1.0

Bob Elliott (bobe@webtide.com)
Thu, 21 May 1998 10:09:38 -0700

At 08:26 PM 5/20/98 -0500, you wrote:
>Due to the recent departure of the CU-SeeMe team from Cornell, and worries
>from White Pine about competition from version 1.0's strong feature set,
>the release plans have been changed. Version 1.0 may be stripped of color
>and/or other features, or possibly canceled.

--- Text Deleted due to length ---

This is a total bummer ... I've been using the 96a17 version for about two
days now and it rocks ... I was so proud for the Cornell team of
programmers for what they were able to do where WP had not succeeded ...
the alpha version breathed new life into a very stable/useful/fun piece of
software ... it is so sad that WP's failure to create a viable product is a
factor in the possible lose of this freeware gem ... any news on why the
CU-SeeMe team left Cornell ... was it funding?

------

I can please only one person per day. Today is not your day ... tomorrow isn't
looking good either.