Re: Problems with Transmission Rates

Fri, 22 May 1998 16:39:06 -0500 (CDT)

On Thu, 21 May 1998, Wayne Fisher wrote:
> White Pine 3.x also provides the capability to set indivial transmissione
> rates for each reflector.

You are right..but unfortunately, the lack of foresight on White Pine's
part to include the transmission rates in the exporting and importing of
phonebooks render it rather useless as a way to swap reflectors. (The CSV
format is a good idea, but White Pine didn't include half the fields).

I also find it's much easier to have everything for the connection on one
screen rather than having to page back and forth between various tabs..but
that's just a GUI decision.

> In addition, you will also need to select the box which states "enforce
> minimum send/receive settings" (or whatever the formale name of this
> option is), and define your minimum and maximum transmit settings.

I never did quite figure out how that worked...If you don't select
"enforce minimum send/receive settings", what does the client advertise as
its minimum rates? It's my understanding that the client advertises its
rates when it connects (min/max).