Re: [QUESTION] Meeting Point reflector.

Howard Herman (hlh@panix.com)
Wed, 27 May 1998 01:39:45 -0400

Mark Andrew Nassy wrote:

> some friends and i like to try and connect to a meeting point server. some
> individuals will be using netmeeting and others will be using cuseeme.
>
> are they any public mp reflectors that are fairly empty on a saturday
> evening (gmt -4) without incurring any charges. (hope this is not asking
> for 2 much.)
>
> can a netmeeting client connect to a conference other than (i assume)
> conference 0.
>
> [ btw: we plan to use the irc to communicate with those individuals
> wishing to text chat. ]
>
> tia.

WP CUSeeme 3.1 allows Multicast Conferencing. Up to 100 users, if I recall
correctly.

I have never tried it, so cannot report on what to expect. And, I cannot
recall if all users must be running WP CUSeeMe, or if clients can be mixed
and matched.

I'd be willing to "host" a meeting, if you want to give this a try. My
static IP address is a plus. Let me know, since there seems to be more
than a couple of parameters that need to be set, as well as possible
preparation at the isp.

--