Re: Looking for solutions-

Mark Andrew Nassy (nassy@flash.net)
Wed, 27 May 1998 14:48:50 -0400

> CU-SEEME-L Digest 1493

> Topics covered in this issue include:

> 7) Re: Looking for solutions-
> by bryan@wpine.com (Bill Ryan)

> From: bryan@wpine.com (Bill Ryan)
> To: CU-SEEME-L@cornell.edu
> Subject: Re: Looking for solutions-

> With respect to White Pine Macintosh version only....

> I've developed several software video digitizers over the past 4-5 years.

> Here's what I have as of today:

> clipBoard vDig
> - displays Mac clipboard contents as video

> desktop vDig
> - displays Mac desktop as video

> MovieStreamer vDig
> - streams QuickTime movies as video (no audio out support yet, just video)

> Overlayer vDig
> - requires 2 video sources (one usually live video via a camera)
> - overlays user specified text anywhere on another video source
> - allows user to "pixel edit" (ala an overlay) a video source as well

> Feedback/suggestions/ideas are welcome.

hi,

i have a copy of 3 extensions called scrap vdig, desktop vdig and filter
vdig written by some1 at smile software. all are at version 1. are you the
author of the extensions. i have placed a copy of the extensions on the
web. if you are the author: do you have any objections to me doing so, and
i have some comments re the vdig extensions.

(1) the scrap vdig seems to b similar to your clipboard vdig. some1 emailed
me a copy of the vdigs.

(2) the desktop vdig seems to have the effect of making my mouse cursor
less unresponsive than i would have hoped. it seems to just from point to
point instead of gliding. there are also some problems when changing the
size of the local video window if the codec selected is the desktop vdig
(if you are interested in this issue i can supply you with the details on
how to reproduce the problem). as a suggestion for this codec it would be
great if instead of being able to transmit only the desktop of the main
monitor you could select which monitors desktop you would like to transmit.

(3) the moviestreamer is a good idea. probably come in useful for ref
monitors. for me i have some quicktime movies that came with the audio cds
i purchased. it would be great to be able to use it with those movies.

(4) this is the most intersting of all the vdis to me. is this vdig
available to the public.

Mark Andrew Nassy,
<MAILTO:nassy@flash.net>