Re: status of the Cornell version 1.0.

Wed, 27 May 1998 18:16:31 -0500 (CDT)

On Mon, 25 May 1998, Mark Andrew Nassy wrote:
> id like to 2nd this feature request. i think it would b great if cuseeme
> audio could use the quicktime audio codecs however instead of a direct
> audio plug in support.

You have to keep in mind that one of the nice things about CU-SeeMe is
it's cross-compatibility with the PC version as well. A lot of the audio
codecs you mentioned seemed to be Mac only codecs. I believe reflectors
would work with it in any case though (The type of audio/video codecs used
isn't restricted except for only the older Cornell reflectors).

> should version 1.0 of cuseeme b made available to the public in the future
> i am looking forward to using the new cornell release with the new video
> codecs that are available with quicktime 3. i tried video on the irc using:

Again...as long as you realize only Mac users with the codecs installed
will be able to see you. I've already seen this with people using
the Intel Indeo 4.1/5.0 codecs which fewer people can see.