Re: Cornell CU-SEEME 1.0 with Color

Wed, 27 May 1998 18:21:35 -0500 (CDT)

On Mon, 25 May 1998, Phil wrote:
> Have you tried running the old 0.89 Cornell CuSeeme on a 33mhz 386 with 4
> megs?
> It's not for those with weak stomachs.

Actually, that's 0.84b7 and it IS possible to run on a 386 :)
I used to run it all the time, first on a 386-25 with 4 megs ram, then on
a 386-40 with 8 megs ram. Running the White Pine version was terribly
slow though (about a minute to load up). The trusty Cornell version
though ran just fine given its problems. :)

> I do have White Pine to thank for my CPU and memory configuration. :)

One of the main reasons I upgraded to Win95 when I did was so I could run
the then-soon-to-be-released Win95 Cornell version. I had great visions
for the Cornell version and I wasn't disappointed. :)