Re: KeeTee

Wed, 27 May 1998 18:26:35 -0500 (CDT)

On Sun, 24 May 1998, Michael G. K. Canopin wrote:
> I've been trying to log on to 141.212.122.48, or .29, or .28, and .30, but
> I constantly get a message reading: "unable to connect to ......." Is
> there a problem with the network tonight? Did they kick me out? Should I
> change my settings? Someone please help me in resolving this.

They all seem to be up today. If they kick you out with a deny, you'll
get a message stating it in a Reflector Error message. The only other
time you'd get that (assuming the path between your IP and the reflector
OP is up and the reflector itself is up) is if they have admits. The last
time I used the Cornell reflector with admits, it rejected all connections
that didn't match an admitted IP/mask.

The best way to tell if it's a network problem is with ping or traceroute
(tracert in Win95).