Re: Interoperability of CU-Seeme and 8x8 Videophone

Thu, 28 May 1998 01:12:48 -0500 (CDT)

On Wed, 27 May 1998, Stuart Kreitman wrote:
> Has anyone successfully originated a call from either direction
> between these? I'd like to buy a ViaTV for my parents (easy to use)
> and use CU-seeme on my end (cheaper) They're both H.324, and 8x8
> manual has instructions on calling a PC, but no mention of which
> PC components are known to work.

Enhanced CU is partially H.323 compliant. If you use MeetingPoint, it can
connect with other H.323 clients. But CU isn't H.324 compliant. If I
recall, H.324 is for point to point without the Internet. The two can't
talk to each other as far as I know.