Re: Video codecs for WIN95 & Cu-SEEME 1.0

Fri, 29 May 1998 10:58:06 +0200

Fabio Augusto schrieb:
> I know places for 2 other not-so-popular color codecs than MJPEG:
>
> - Intel Indeo 5.0 codec can be found in
> http://www.intel.com/ial/indeo/video/index.htm. It comes as a
> self-installer program (just had to run it), and installs few versions
> of Indeo codec (from 3 to 4) as well as the Indeo video plug-in for
> Netscape. I had test Indeo 5 and 4 codecs with Cornell v1, and works
> fine: video speed and quality seemed to me better than the conventional
> MJPEG video. Even you're not considering using Indeo to send your own
> video, you'll be able to get video from ppl using it (I've seen some).
> In addition, it also solved a small problem I had... Since I installed
> Cornell v1, I lost the capability to send BW video - and didn't found
> any installable greyscale codec. After I installed Indeo, I found black
> and white video selection enabled (and functioning) in the correspondent
> selection box in v1. I'm not sure if a BW codec is embodied in the Indeo
> installer pack, or if the installation of an additional codec just made
> a pre-existing codec visible to my copy of cu.
>
> - H363 codec can be downloaded from
> ftp://ftp.wpine.com/pub/CU-SeeMe/lucent.exe; I installed it but doesn't
> work with my copy of v1 (and have no idea why). Anyway, the URL is here
> for anyone wanting to try...
Great ! I got Indeo 3.2,4.0 and 5.0 installed, already. And it appears
in the codec selection of Cu-SEEME 1.0, so great to learn that it really
works.

What about Quicktime codecs (and especially the forthcoming slim
"streaming" Quicktime format) for use with WIN95 & WIN-NT ? I got
Quicktime installed, but this does not cause this codec to appear in the
video driver menu of Cu-SEEME !

> Fabio Augusto
> <faugusto@bestway.com.br>
> Rua Regente Feijo 1553 - apto. 103 Geschäft: +55-19-788-3057
> Campinas Fax: +55-19-788-3023
> Sao Paulo Privat: +55-19-231-0659
> 13015-052 Netscape Conference-Adresse
> Brazil DLS-Server von Netscape Conference
> Weitere Informationen:
> Nachname Augusto
> Vorname Fabio
Hey Fabio - You are german-speaking ? I am from Hannover, Germany. See
http://home.pages.de/~h/contact2.html
how to contact me by Internet (ICQ,..), if You like !

How about a free FAX number in Germany, for free FAX receiving (not for
sending, though). See the free Fax2Mail service at
http://home.pages.de/~h/contact1.html

All about Germany (phonebooks, free classified ads for Germany,...),
from the point of view of my hometowns Bielefeld and Hannover. As I said
before, there is a *free* gateway for users of Vocaltec Iphone to do
calls to regular phone numbers in my hometown Hannover (so You may call
me while I am *not* connected to the Internet)
http://home.pages.de/~h/habi.html

All about iphones, cu-seeme
http://home.pages.de/~h/cuseeme.html
http://home.pages.de/~h/iphone2.html
http://home.pages.de/~h/iphones.html
http://home.pages.de/~h/contact2.html

Sincerely
Rolf

--
      /   /   /  Alone on the data highway...
    /       /    like on an allee in Hannover-Herrenhausen