Re: Cornell 1.0 - answers&questions

Brian Godette (bgodette@idcomm.com)
Sat, 30 May 1998 00:04:57 -0600

At 08:51 PM 5/29/98 -0400, you wrote:
>Actualy this v 1.0 that is out is a hacked version and not the true V 1.0
>that is out. Cornell will announce when they do a release of a released
>version.

Hmmm, looks like "hacked" got a new definition while I wasn't looking. To
be precise, it's the last official build from Steve Edgar back on April
22nd, yeah everyone, 1.0 has been ready to go for over a month, and I've
still not found any problems with it that I can nail down to the program
itself, and absolutely *NO* protocol bugs (cleanest version of CU I've seen
in terms of protocol, no garbage like certain versions of that "other" CU).
If anything one could claim it's a beta version, but it's definately not
"hacked". As for it not being castrated like the eventual official release
is rumored to be is a different matter.