Re: H.324 ,H.320, H.323 phones

Sat, 30 May 1998 08:43:34 +0200

Jason Williams schrieb:

> On Fri, 29 May 1998, Rolf Hemmerling wrote:
> > All about H.324,H.320,H.323 and test drive phones (and what these
> > numbers stand for). Currently, especially H.320 and H.324 donīt fit with
> > a single software, though.
> > http://home.pages.de/~h/iphone2.html
>
> I didn't find much information about H.320, H.323, and H.324 at that
> page...just a list of software that uses it.
This section is under construction (I still donīt own a modem with V.80
support). So from a newer version of this homepage, I include the
very-little information requested:

H.320 is for video conferencing on ISDN lines, H.324 is for video
conferencing on analog lines, H.323 is for LAN based video conferencing
(in the Internet and in intranets)

> >From what I've gathered from comp.dcom.videoconf, V.80 is just a
> synchronous mode needed for H.324. I believe one of the gurus there (Paul
> somebody..I forget his name) has a web page up on how to convert a normal
> V.34 modem into V.80.
Please tell me any URL.

A real guru may change the firmware of the modem and add a totally
different transmission mode, if there is any space left (space a real
problem for support of the 56K modes "X2", "K56Flex" and "V.90" in a
single firmware eprom, with the current eprom size of 1 MB of many
modems !). This kind of guru may have been capable of upgrading
US-Robotics modems from 28.8 to 33.6 to 56K by himself/herself, in 1997,
of course :-).

All about iphones, cu-seeme
http://home.pages.de/~h/cuseeme.html
http://home.pages.de/~h/iphone2.html
http://home.pages.de/~h/iphones.html
http://home.pages.de/~h/contact2.html

Sincerely
Rolf

--
      /   /   /  Alone on the data highway...
    /       /    like on an allee in Hannover-Herrenhausen