Re: Cornell 1.0 - answers&questions

Sat, 30 May 1998 21:46:08 -0500 (CDT)

On Fri, 29 May 1998, Kevin McCormick wrote:
> Actualy this v 1.0 that is out is a hacked version and not the true V 1.0
> that is out. Cornell will announce when they do a release of a released
> version.

Perhaps you can explain yourself a bit. There's a 1.0 out and a hacked
1.0 out? Would you care to explain the differences between the two?

As far as I know, there's only two versions of the color Cornell out
there. 0.96a17 and 1.0. Both were programmed by Steve Edgar, formerly at
Cornell. Since the source code to these versions isn't in the public's
hands, I seriously doubt any "hacked" versions exist.

To tell if you are using the "official" unofficial 1.0 version, send vid
and then minimize it. Ask others if you look paused. If you are paused,
then it's not 1.0. If it's not, then you are using what everyone is
calling 1.0.

Perhaps you have some insight into what Martyne is planning since my
questions (and others to list) have continued to go unanswered. Does the
"new development team" at Cornell consist of White Pine employees? Is
MJPEG support planned to remain? Will White Pine (as the "new development
team") strip the Cornell version of its features? Perhaps you're a part
of the "new development team" and would like to comment further on what's
being done to further enhance Cornell's version? Which bugs are being
fixed? Martyne mentioned incompatibilties between certain reflectors.
Perhaps you know more about this and would like to share what bugs remain
and what's being done to fix them so Cornell CU-SeeMe users can be assured
that the "official" Cornell version (when released) will be a step FORWARD
from 1.0 and not a step BACKWARDS.

Awaiting your response...