Re: Video codecs for WIN95 & Cu-SEEME 1.0

Sat, 30 May 1998 22:55:54 -0500 (CDT)

On Fri, 29 May 1998, Rolf Hemmerling wrote:
> What about Quicktime codecs (and especially the forthcoming slim
> "streaming" Quicktime format) for use with WIN95 & WIN-NT ? I got
> Quicktime installed, but this does not cause this codec to appear in the
> video driver menu of Cu-SEEME !

The Cornell 1.0 version doesn't support any and all codecs. (ie: not
Quicktime). It only supports codecs with the four digit codes of "MJPG",
"IV32", "IV41", "IV50", and receive only of the H.263 codec with a code of
"VX1K". If you have CU 3.X, you can attempt to send with other codecs,
but I tried that the other night and crashed horribly. Your other
Quicktime codecs may show up there anyway.