Re: ANSI Term for MACs

Wed, 2 Nov 1994 02:24:28 -0500

At 19:03 11/1/94, Jay Nelson wrote:

>I know this is off the subject and I apologize in advance. Won't happen
>again. It happens that there are many MAC users here and I have a
>question from a novice MAC user. Is there such a thing as a comm/term
>program for the MAC that supports ANSI BBS terminal emulation and
>includes "Doorway" mode?

It is off-subject, and thanks for apologizing. A Macintosh is abbreviated
as "Mac", not MAC. A MAC is hardware address or the name of the origital
computer science project: Man and Computers. The terminal emulation
program you want is the shareware Zterm, which supports color ANSI BBS. I
have no idea what "doorway" mode is. Zterm may be found at
mac.archive.umich.edu, sumex-aim.stanford.edu, and mirrors thereof. Just
for your information, these types of questions are best posted to the
comp.sys.mac.comm USENET newsgroup. Enjoy!

Michael Sattler <msattler@jungle.com> "Oog make mission statement."
FTP Software, West Coast Operations
Quality Assurance Manager
http://www.wco.ftp.com/~msattler/ "Little furry animals exist."