Re: TIA and CuSeeMe

Lucky Green (shamrock@netcom.com)
Fri, 4 Nov 1994 03:00:36 -0500

David wrote, quoting Steve:

> Hi. Sorry it's taken me so long to get back to you.
>
> UDP is not the issue - but none the less TIA does not currently
>support CUSeeMe. We are seriously considering the feature for a future
>version (I, myself, am pushing for it strongly). To get your "vote" in you
>might send a request to "tia-feedback@marketplace.com" asking for CU-SeeMe.
>Thanks for using TIA!

Sorry, UDP *is* the issue. The reason why CU-SeeMe and Maven don't work
under tia is because the tia -r switch redirects TCP ports only. Now the
good news:

Today I talked with Bryan, the tia author. He is about to add UDP to tia. I
expect to alpha test the software within a matter of days. The one problem
remaining is the lack of variable ports in CU-SeeMe. So please do not flood
the tia support address with mail. The matter is being worked on.

-- Lucky Green <shamrock@netcom.com>
PGP encrypted mail preferred.