Re: Connectix Camera & Modem for Remote Viewing?

Fri, 4 Nov 1994 20:47:47 -0500

At 13:17 11/4/94, Miles Abernathy wrote:

>Does anyone on the list know if a $99 Connectix RS-232 camera can be
>attached to a modem for dial-up remote viewing with a Mac? I'd like to put
>some of the cameras in remote buildings so I can watch the dials on
>mechanical equipment.

It's called the Connectix QuickCam. It get attached to a serial port on
your computer, independent of what you're using the other serial port(s)
for. I can't verify this, having only one serial port on my PB 520c, but
I've blind copied this to someone at Connectix who can authoratively answer
(either to me or the list (thereby blowing his cover :-) this question.

http://www.wco.ftp.com/~msattler/
of systems and networks everywhere, documentation writer and trainer, on