Re: Video boards/MAC and CU-SEEme

Fri, 4 Nov 1994 20:49:22 -0500

At 13:14 11/4/94, Espen Ore wrote:

>Is there any inherent reason why CU-see-me for the mac will only accept
>AV-Macs or Macs with Videospigot?

No.

>The Videovision card is accepted by programs such as Premiere as a
>digitizing card. Why can it not be used by CU-see-mee?

Because the current version of CU-SeeMe looks for video digitizer resources
by name and evidently that one isn't supported. This may be changed in the
future if the team specifically supports that vdig or the work they're
doing for the Connectix QuickCam has a side-effect that yours can be
supported. I, of course, have nothing to do with the team and could be
making all of this up. Tim?

http://www.wco.ftp.com/~msattler/
of systems and networks everywhere, documentation writer and trainer, on