Re: SPBOpenDevice Failed

Richard Cogger (R.Cogger@cornell.edu)
Wed, 9 Nov 1994 20:16:52 -0500

The 840AV and the 660AV, with their DSP chips, have a unique sound manager.
I think it is not fully debugged-- these machines are the only ones to
exhibit the "chipmunk speech" with CU-SeeMe (and Maven) audio, for example.
I believe the software modem for use with the Geoport uses the DSP. My
guess is that it might never get fixed, since the DSP hardware is not
continuing in the Apple product-line. -Dick