Re: hostname problems on startup

David Winet (dwinet@QAL.BERKELEY.EDU)
Mon, 14 Nov 1994 19:00:39 -0500

Dear Joanne;
Thank you for the kind assistance.

I discovered the answer quite by mistake:

I have to fire up Home-IP (LAN Workplace for modems) first,
then click on cuseeme.exe

If, on the other hand, I start from cuseeme.exe, it goes to the Home-IP
dialer all
right, it dials just fine; it gets me connected to my SLIP account ok,
BUT then it displays this 'can't find hostname' message.

On Mon, 14 Nov 1994, Jo
Moral: hook up with Home-IP's dialer first, THEN run CU-SeeMe.

Hope this will help anyone with a similar problem to mine.
See you (literally now) on the Net.
David Winet
Berkeley CA